Gluten-Free Products for Holiday Entertaining
Eating gluten-free for the holidays is easier than ever. Here are some of my favorite products to keep you and your loved ones gluten-free during the holidays.
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pie Crust Mix – As they say, this baking mix makes it “easy as pie” for the gluten-free to enjoy sweet and savory foods made with pie crust. A friend made an outstanding pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving using this mix. It was the best pie I’ve had since going gluten-free. I used it for a quiche recipe and was just as happy with the results.
Rudy’s Gluten-Free Stuffing Mix – Holiday meals just aren’t the same without stuffing. This gluten-free stuffing mix keeps it simple for the holiday host to make and delicious for the gluten-free guest to eat. Now everyone can enjoy America’s #1 holiday comfort food.
Arrowhead Mills Gluten-Free Breakfast Cereals and Pancake Mix – Leisurely breakfasts with visiting friends and families is a big part of the holidays, and Arrowhead Mills has everyone’s preferences covered. From the hot cereal enthusiast to the pancake indulger to the cold cereal regular, your gluten-free guests will eat well while at your home.
Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Granola Cereal – You’ve heard me rave about these granolas before. They are a delicious indulgence on their own for holiday breakfasts, as well as add flavor and texture to breakfast baked goods such as muffins and pancakes. Don’t forget them as a topper for holiday deserts such as pies and parfaits.
Mary’s Gone Crackers Just the Crumbs – Whether added to casseroles for a crunchy topping or to make a stuffed mushroom appetizer, these crumbs are an excellent addition to the holiday meal. They are made with nutrient-rich whole grains and seeds rather than refined grains, adding a rich, nutty flavor to any recipe they are used for.
I’d love to hear your feedback about these products and how you used them for holiday entertaining.
Here’s to a happy and healthful gluten-free holiday season!
Gluten-Free Holiday Gift Ideas
Here are some of my favorite gluten-free gift ideas for the holidays. Give them as gifts, entertain with them or keep them for you and your family.
(I apologize for the lack of spacing in this blog post. Every so often WordPress goes a little whacky with the formatting of a blog post and every effort to try and fix it doesn’t seem to work. This is one of those times.)
479 Degrees Popcorn Gift Canisters
– Who hasn’t given or received one of those huge canisters of three flavors of popcorn? Well, it’s time for something new. 479 Degrees Popcorn offers half gallon gift canisters with modern packaging and unique popcorn flavors such as Black Truffle + White Cheddar, Ginger Sesame Caramel, and Pimenton de la Vera. The popcorn is certified gluten-free and made from non-GMO corn. With about 120 calories per serving, its also a great option to keep in the house for healthful holiday snacking.
I Can Have That! Gluten-Free Gift Baskets
– Want to send a gift basket to a colleague or loved one who eats gluten-free? These beautifully- arranged, gluten-free gift baskets are just the answer. You can choose from a variety of baskets depending on food preferences and how much you want to spend. Baskets range from approximately $35 to $300.
Taste Guru Gluten-Free Box of the Month Club
– Monthly subscription gifts are all the rage these days, and Taste Guru is ensuring the gluten-free don’t miss out. Give your gluten-free loved one the gift that keeps on giving each month, an array of gluten-free foods that they can taste before buying. You can choose delivery for three, six, or twelve months.
KIND Snacks Healthy Indulgence Variety Cube
– As they say on their website, this is not just a gift – it’s an experience. Each cube contains 20 KIND bars of their best-selling flavors. In addition to being gluten-free, KIND bars are each made with a delicious combination of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and spices. Another idea: replace the plate of cookies on the counter with the Indulgence Cube, so your family can snack healthfully throughout the holidays.
simple&crisp Signature Entertainer Pack
– The perfect gift for the holiday entertainer or when entertaining yourself. These dried fruit crackers are a tasty, nutritious and low-calorie way to serve sophisticated, yet easy-to-make hors d’oeuvres and appetizers. The Signature Entertainer Pack includes three boxes of their gourmet flavors, Apple, Orange and Pear. Check out their website for awesome pairing combinations (think wine, champagne, cheeses and prosciutto).