Purely Elizabeth Gluten-Free Oatmeal – Review and Giveaway
I met Elizabeth Stein, founder of Purely Elizabeth, several years ago through a mutual friend. I had the awesome opportunity to taste her products when she was just starting out. Even then, I knew Purely Elizabeth was going to make it big. I have been routing for her success all along.
I knew Purely Elizabeth hit it big when they came out with their line of gluten-free and vegan Ancient Grain Granolas. In my opinion, these could be the best granolas on the market. If there is better, I haven’t tried it yet.
So, when I learned about their new line of Ancient Grain Oatmeals and Hot Cereal, I was beyond excited to try them. Most of you already know how much of an oatmeal fan I am.
The line consists of four varieties:
- Ancient Grain Oatmeal – Organic Original (2 minutes cooking time)
- Ancient Grain Oatmeal – Organic Apple Cinnamon Pecan (2 minutes cooking time)
- Ancient Grain Oatmeal – Organic Cranberry Pumpkin Seed (2 minutes cooking time)
- Ancient Grain Hot Cereal – Organic 6-Grain (20 minutes cooking time)
All four varieties are:
- certified gluten-free
- certified organic
- certified vegan
- non-GMO project certified
I love them because they:
- are quick-cooking and easy to make on a weekday morning (except for the Organic 6-Grain, which is great for the weekend)
- have no added sugars
- have 6-7 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving – a nutrient combo that is great for breakfast as these two nutrients both contribute to satiety, or keeping us feeling full for a long time
- are made from a variety of nutrition-packed gluten-free whole grains, seeds and dried fruits
- are a perfect foundation for making a variety of oatmeal flavors to get you through Fall and Winter
Purely Elizabeth’s line of oatmeals and hot cereal are something I can feel really good about recommending, both from a nutrition and taste perspective.
BUT THERE IS ONE IMPORTANT THING TO NOTE: Not all people with celiac disease can tolerate certified gluten-free oats. If you are interested in determining if you can safely eat certified gluten-free oats, it’s best to do so under the supervision of your physician and/or registered dietitian.
You know when I love a product I like to do a give-away. So, here’s your chance to win a four-pack of Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeals and Hot Cereal, or one sample each of the four varieties mentioned above.
To enter this contest, in the comment box below, tell me what first comes to your mind when you think of oatmeal. For me it’s…comfort food.
Official Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Participants must be 18 years or older to enter and live within the continental United States. Contest will start on Monday, December 2, 2013 and will end on Monday, December 9, 2013 at 12:00 pm EST. In the comments section below, tell us what first comes to your mind when you think of oatmeal. One (1) winner will be randomly selected using Random.org to receive one package each of the four varieties of Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeals and Hot Cereal. Approximate retail value of the prize is $27.96 + shipping and handling. The odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries. The winner will be selected by Monday, December 16, 2013 and will be announced in a comment on this blog post. The winner’s name can be obtained by visiting the comments section of this post after the winner has been announced. The winner will be notified by email. In the case that the prize is not claimed within one week of the winner being notified, the prize will be forfeited. Rachel Begun Food and Nutrition Solutions, LLC, The Gluten Free RD and its associates are held harmless in the event that the prize or sweepstakes in some way negatively impacts the winner or recipient. This contest is being regulated in the state of Colorado. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the contest, you are agreeing to the Official Rules. Sponsored by Purely Elizabeth, www.purelyelizabeth.com.
(Disclosure: I received complimentary samples of Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeals and Hot Cereal. I was not paid to write this review or conduct the contest/giveaway.)