Cookbook Review and Giveaway: Cooking Allergy Free
I’ve done many cookbook giveaways, but this one I’m a little closer to.
Cookbook editing is one of the many things I do, and I had the honor of being a contributing editor to Cooking Allergy-Free: Simple Inspired Meals for Everyone, authored by Jenna Short, and published by The Taunton Press in 2014.
In fact, the cookbook is scheduled to be released on November 11, 2014, so this is somewhat of a special preview.
I’m not doing a giveaway just because I helped contribute to the book. In fact, I am not getting compensated in any kind of way to do the giveaway (see disclosure statement below).
I’m doing a giveaway, because while helping to edit the book I got to know the recipes intimately and think they are fantastic for people with celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, and food allergies, as well as for those choosing to eat vegetarian or vegan.
Here’s how the cookbook works:
- There are recipes throughout the book that meet the needs of those who have to eat gluten-free or want to avoid the following allergens: wheat, milk, nuts, eggs, shellfish, fish, soy and corn.
- There are also many vegan and vegetarian recipes to choose from.
- Not every recipe is free from all of these foods. However, every recipe comes with an allergen and diet key, so you can choose the ones that fit your dietary lifestyle.
- In addition, many of the recipes come with suggestions for variations so you can make it free from the foods you choose/need to avoid should the original recipe contain them.
- The cookbook contains the following chapters:
- Kitchen Essentials for Allergy-Free Cooking
- Soups & Salads
- Breads & Breakfast
- Dressings, Sauces & Dips
Why I love Cooking Allergy-Free and think you will, too:
- the recipes are made with mostly wholesome ingredients, are easy to make, and use common ingredients that can be found in most mainstream grocery stores
- it is filled with healthful recipes that aren’t faddish in their approach to health. In other words, it’s a real food cookbook that focuses on quality, nutrient-dense ingredients
- while many recipes provide vegan/vegetarian variations, there are a plethora of meat, poultry and fish dishes to choose from
- it is a beautiful, hard-cover cookbook filled with lovely food photos — an excellent gift for yourself or a loved one
To enter the giveaway to receive a complimentary copy of Cooking Allergy-Free, please read the contest rules below, which includes information about how you enter the contest.
What’s great about this giveaway is that everyone is a winner. Even if you don’t win the complimentary copy, all can purchase the book at a 20% discount! Click here to purchase the book at a 20% discount. Where prompted for a promotion code, type in “GFRD20.” The 20% discount is valid for purchases between 11/3/14 and 11/14/14.
Giveaway Contest Rules
Today’s giveaway offer: one complimentary copy of Cooking Allergy-Free: Simple Inspired Meals for Everyone, published by The Taunton Press.
What you have to do to enter: in the comments section below, please share a thought about why you want or need to cook free of gluten and allergens, or vegetarian/vegan.
Rules for disclosing on social media: if you plan to tweet, retweet or share this giveaway via your social media outlets, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidelines require that you use one of the following hashtags in your posts: #Contest or #Giveaway. For social media outlets not confined to a certain number of characters, you can also say “Giveaway sponsored by The Taunton Press.”
Official Rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Participants must be 18 years or older to enter and live within the continental United States. Contest will start on Monday, November 3, 2014 and will end on Monday, November 10, 2014 at 12:00 pm EST. In the comments section below, please share a thought about why you want or need to cook free of gluten and allergens, or vegetarian/vegan. One (1) winner will be randomly selected using Random.org to receive one copy of Cooking Allergy-Free: Simple Inspired Meals for Everyone. Approximate retail value of the prize is $29.95 + shipping and handling. The odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries. The winner will be selected by Monday, November 17, 2014 and will be announced in a comment on this blog post. The winner’s name can be obtained by visiting the comments section of this post after the winner has been announced. The winner will be notified by email. If participants choose to share the giveaway on their social media outlets, please disclose according to Federal Trade Commission guidelines, as mentioned and recommended above. In the event that the prize is not claimed within one week of the winner being notified, the prize will be forfeited. Rachel Begun Food and Nutrition Solutions, LLC, The Gluten Free RD and its associates are held harmless in the event that the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner or recipient. This contest is being regulated in the state of Colorado. Void where prohibited by law. By entering the contest, you are agreeing to the Official Rules. Sponsored by The Taunton Press, www.taunton.com.
(Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of Cooking Allergy-Free: Simple Inspired Meals for Everyone. I was not paid to write this post or conduct the giveaway. When promoting this giveaway on social media, I will be sure to disclose that this is a contest/giveaway by using the #contest and/or #giveaway hashtag or stating “Giveaway sponsored by The Taunton Press.”)