To eat better food we must support better food. Here, I share the people, ideas and organizations making our food better. By supporting them, we can be a part of the solution to our global food and nutrition challenges.
Brandless™ is one of the companies I'd like to tell you about. I am a veracious reader of all things entrepreneurial in the food world so was aware of the Brandless™ launch back in 2017. However, they recently hosted a pop-up event in LA, and that's where I really got to know what they mean by the #BrandlessLife.
Brandless™ is an online retailer selling non-branded, better-for-you products that you regularly shop for.
This basic description may sound ho-hum on the surface, not raising your eyebrow any more than any of the other online retailers out there, but read on and I promise your interest will be piqued.
- By selling non-branded products, Brandless™ helps you save money, because you aren't paying for all of the hidden costs that go into the purchase price of national brands
- Each product costs a flat $3, which is not only affordable, but makes it easy to calculate how much you are spending. In other words, no sticker shock come check-out time
- From food and beverage to personal care, beauty, household cleaners and kitchen and office products, each category of Brandless™ products abide by a set of Standards of Quality
- The packaging may be non-branded, but it's still beautiful to look at. Most importantly, the packaging has been simplified to call your attention to the ingredients and quality standards abided by, rather than gimmicky marketing claims
- Brandless™ has partnered with Feeding America®, the nation's leading
domestic hunger relief organization, so that a meal is donated every time you shop on the Brandless™ site
I don't know about you, but I'm on board for paying less for better-for-you products while having the opportunity to donate a meal to Feeding America® to help feed the hungry.
Have you shopped yet on Brandless™? I'd love to hear about your experience. Please share your thoughts below.